Friday, April 15, 2016
Colors For Spring and Summer
Flowers can be used to brighten up any occasion. From weddings to lobbies of hotels, flowers can act as the centerpiece of a dinner table or an accent to an existing décor. The only question is whether or not to go with silk or natural ones. However silk flowers can provide nearly all of the allure of natural flowers without any of the hassles.
Here are a few reasons as to why you should pick silk flower arrangements over real ones for spring and summer:
The biggest upside to artificial flowers is that they will never wilt or appear as if they are dying. They do not require the care and attention of a natural flower so you are free to focus on other, more important things. Colors stay just as brilliant as the day you acquired them. The beautiful colors in your silk flower arrangements will remain alive and as stunning from the day your arrangement was bought for months to come. They perform fine in limited lighting. Unlike live plants, your artificial arrangement will thrive in your office or room that has limited or no natural lighting.
The fact that artificial flowers are not subject to seasonal growth makes them especially attractive for sensitive climates. It's difficult to find great flowers in the middle of winter but with a silk arrangement you'll get the look of fantastic flowers without having to worry about acquiring them.
Easy to Modify Themes
Again, this issue deals with the seasons. If natural flowers are selected then the arrangements are subject to whatever flowers are in season at the time. With silk flowers you can mix and change the arrangement as much or as little as you like. There is much more choice and variety with silk flower arrangements rather than natural ones. You can change the color of your decor in the office or living area with the seasons. You can store your arrangements and use them throughout the seasons and holidays. We use arrangements with a red, white and blue around the Fourth of July, Labor Day and Memorial Day. Bright floral arrangements can be used in the spring and summer. Bright yellow, orange, and red foliage colors displayed for the fall, Thanksgiving, and Halloween. Dark green pine branches and red poinsettias for Christmas.
Natural flowers come in vases and are transported in specially outfitted vans and trucks. Much care has to be taken when transporting these flowers to a specific destination. It's much easier to transport silk flowers because there is no need for a vase or water that has the potential to cause quite a mess during transport.
This is a fact that many people overlook. But the truth is that many people are allergic to flowers or have seasonal allergies that are triggered by nature. Choosing silk flowers will ensure that all of your guests are comfortable.
Instead of sending live arrangements that will parish after only a few short days, send a get well soon arrangement during times of illness, birthdays, weddings or anniversaries. Your gift will be cherished long past the event. Silk flowers are never out of season. You can purchase silk flower arrangements with your favorite flowers year-round.
You can go on a holiday and your silk flower arrangements will still be as beautiful as the day that you left. You don’t have to water them as a feather duster or low cool setting on a hair dryer will do the job.
What factors should be kept in mind before choosing the silk flower arrangements?
• First you will need to consider the room where they will be placed. Ask yourself some basic questions. What areas of the room need enhancement? Is there a theme or certain personality that needs to come through or complimented? What colors are there that you need to keep in mind when selecting my silk arrangements?
• Is there any natural light that can be used to accentuate the silk floral arrangements? Natural light always gives silk arrangements a more realistic look and feel in a room so it is advantageous to use whenever it’s available. If you are in the dining room and considering selecting your silk arrangements for the table, be sure to choose one that isn’t too long or wide because the effect may be that it disturbs your table environment and becomes distraction at dinner time.
• Think about the season your silk floral arrangements will express. Choose your silk arrangements carefully for each occasion so that they accent your environment rather than clashing with it. Use bright or energetic colors for spring and summer like oranges, reds, yellows, etc. There are some lovely variations of these shades with different tints and hues that look gorgeous. The color needs to blend or contrast with other shades in your room. The biggest mistake most make is trying to put too many different colors in one area or only colors that appeal to them, whether or not the colors work with the décor or each other. Take a step back, away from the room and find 2 or 3 colors that look good when combined. One rule to remember is that darker, bolder colors should be used as an accent and not the main color. If you’re still having problems seeing what colors will work for the room, try taking a picture of the room at different angles to help view the room layout and its colors from a different perspective.
• Where you place your silk flower arrangement is very important. Along with the color choice of your arrangement, you need to think about where you are going to place the arrangement and how it will affect the room. Don’t place it in an area that has a lot of heavy furniture in it - if you do this, the room will feel lop-sided. The perfect placement for your arrangement would be for others to be able to see the arrangement upon entering the room.
• Size is extremely crucial – this is also known as perspective. Make sure to get dimensions of the area you think you may want before buying the flowers. If the arrangement is too small then you are looking at an "accent" item, not necessarily to be a focal point but used to add color and life to a room. If it is too large, it will look awkward within the room and regardless of what you do, it won’t look right. Take precise measurements of the silk flower arrangement you want for the room, and then cut out a cardboard template using the dimensions and see if it works well with where you want to place it.
What are the ideal areas for placement?
If you have a rustic or country style kitchen why not place some silk daisies or sunflowers in a mason jar and sit them on your kitchen table or counter? For a modern kitchen choose a nice vase and some colorful tulips to add that welcoming touch. You will be surprised at just how this simple touch can brighten up your kitchen and make it feel homier.
Entrance or Unused Corners
If you need a slight bit of brightening up in the corner of an entry way or living room then silk floral arrangements are perfect. Simply use a tall floor vase, fill it with interesting silk grasses, cat tails and other pods and then add a few tall silk flowers such as over sized calla lilies or Cannas. For spring you can even throw in a few artificial pussy willows.
Professional floral arrangements look stunning on that living room end table or that bedroom dresser as well. There are a variety of different silk flower arrangements to choose from and you are sure to find one that you simply love.
You also might want to consider wall swags for your home décor. Wall swags can look especially welcoming and extremely elegant hanging over that fire place mantel or over your bathroom door. Or you can simply use silk flower stems and hang them on the wall as in the picture above for a creative look your guests will love.
Are you ready to put these ideas to use? Click here To start shopping today.