*Free Shipping On Orders Over $75
Tuesday, September 22, 2015
Christmas Decorating Ideas From QualitySilkPlants.com
Friday, September 18, 2015
Do Not Use Water and Vinegar to Clean Your Silk Plants!
The holidays are coming around and most of us will be having our family and friends over for those fun holiday parties. We always want to make sure our homes are clean look the best possible. This means the dreadful cleaning of our silk plants that have built up a layer of dust over the course of the year since we last cleaned them. So you look online and see that there is a homemade way to clean them with a water and vinegar solution and it’s virtually free. Don’t get so excited because this method can backfire.
Due to the fact that most artificial flowers, plants and trees are made of a fabric material, you do not want to use a vinegar solution as it will soak up the smell of the vinegar.
If you can smell the solution and you don’t like it, then don’t use it on your silks. Silk plants, trees and flowers are usually made from a silk screened polyester and just like clothing will absorb any liquid that they come in contact with. This will make your plants and flowers permeate with the smell of vinegar if this solution is used.
If you must make your own cleaner try to use a solution of plain water and unscented liquid soap. This works just as well without the after smell of a vinegar mixture.
There are many great cleaners out on the market that work well and will clean all your artificial plants and flowers with no problems of smell or discoloring. One that comes to mind is Silk’n Splendor. Silk’n Splendor is a water based cleaner that has a touch of silicone in the mixture. The silicone adds a protective barrier to repel dust so you do not have to clean them as often. This is great for arrangements that may be in hard to access places. It has no odor and is safe for most artificial plants along with preserved plants as well.
There is a lot of information out there and everyone wants to be helpful but the very last thing we would recommend is cleaning your silk plants and flowers with a water vinegar mixture just for the smell factor alone.
We've tried many of the cleaners out there and found one that works well for us. Click this link for: Silk'n Splendor Liquid Spray Silk Plant Treatment, 24-Ounce
Saturday, September 12, 2015
7 Easy Decorating Tips For Fall
There are some great fall decorating tips that can make your house look naturally beautiful. Now, you can convert your house into your little paradise with these easy fall decorating tips:
1. Play with the colors: Introduce some wonderful, new color combinations to your existing palette. Play with colors. You can combine orange splashes or autumn red with a contrasting or neutral base such as olive, taupe or blue. A fresh alternative to warm colors is muted green. For a high impact, incorporate some colorful throw pillows, accent rugs and table accessories in your room.
2. Woodsy elements: You can visit your own backyard to look for some woodsy elements. Look for small branches, grasses and moss in the backyard. You can fill some interesting pots with the combination of this stuff. You can also make a natural photo holder with a bundle of twigs.
3. Focus on the small details: At your dinner table, focus on the small details that can surprise any guest visiting your house. You can tie a small name card to the leafy twigs in order to make cute place holders for guests. You can create pretty napkin holders by tying a large pearl with a velvet ribbon.
4. Country touches: Fall is the harvest season. Celebrate the beautiful season with little country touches and colors of the season like shown above. Natural artwork and rustic wooden pieces with an accent are the perfect decorative materials for fall. You can add plenty of cozy blankets as they enhance the comfort of your house.
5. Make classic wreaths: Wreaths look classic. You can make wreaths from a variety of objects. For fall decoration, make classic wreaths with leaves or wheat. Lay the wreaths flat to frame candles, pumpkins and other beautiful centerpieces.
6. Add a lot of candles: Bring warmth to your house by adding a lot of candles. Place them everywhere, especially in windowsills and mantels. If you choose neutral colors, then change the containers and embellishments for the season.
7. Create a warm and cozy space: You must create a warm and cozy space in your house where you can sit and chat with your friends. People enjoy sitting around the fireplace and talking for hours. If you don’t have a fireplace in your house, you can add a couple of candles in the middle and embellish the place with cushions and throw pillows. You can also keep some great books there. Whenever your friends visit your house, sit there and have a great time.
These are some great fall decorating tips that you can follow to give your house a new look this season.
To see some of our fall colored products Click Here
ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
We supplied the Rainford family with artificial trees and plants for their new home. Check it out...
Copyright 2012 QualitySilkPlants.com All Rights Reserved.
*Free shipping is for the lower 48 U.S. states only.