Artificial Palm Trees Bring The Tropics to Places You Never Thought
Palm trees are a symbol of the tropics and when you go on vacations to places like Hawaii, the Bahamas or even California and Florida you’ll see a plethora of them. The light rustling sound they make while blowing in the breeze while waves crash the shore are what makes for a relaxing vacation. The sound of seagulls and the warm sand between your toes while you sip a fruity cocktail with a colorful umbrella is what many of us covet. Then the vacation comes to an end, we come back to our homes in the areas where palm trees just don’t grow but we want to feel like we’re on vacation for a bit longer before the stress sets in of getting back to the grind of everyday life. This is where artificial palm trees are at their most effective.
Artificial palm trees are becoming more and more realistic with the use of new technology and also using preserved real portions of palm trees such as the coconut bark, banana bark and in some cases real palm trunks supporting artificial palm leaves. The components allow for the obvious fake parts of the trees to become realistic looking by disguising them. There are many types of artificial palm trees, almost as many as Mother Nature herself has created; this includes some outdoor versions that will last for years in the elements. Below are some of the different styles and what type of tropics they represent.
• Coconut Palms
• Coconut artificial palm trees are the replica of the coconut palms found in Hawaii and parts of Mexico. Many of them have real coconut bark wrapped trunks to give it an authentic look. They typically have a long trunk with the large palm leaves bursting out of the top like a fountain, generally with a few fake coconuts underneath to finish them off.
• Phoenix Palms
• Phoenix artificial palm trees replicate the trees found in parts of the Southwest and sometimes known as the date palm. They are similar to the coconut palm in that they have a long trunk but have smaller leaves sprouting from the top. The canopy is not as wide as a coconut palm so these are very good in homes or offices that have limited space. The trunks on these are smaller in diameter that your coconut palms and many are hand painted because there is so much detail involved.
• Areca Palms
• Areca artificial palm trees are made to mimic the trees found all over the tropics and Florida. They generally have multiple trunks with smaller palm fronds sprouting from the bottom and gradually get larger and longer towards the top. This design replicates the effect of new and old growth, just like in nature. Areca palms are a favorite of home decorators because of their versatility and fullness.
• Kentia Palms
• Kentia artificial palm trees are similar to the areca however the leaves are larger and in some cases they will have a single trunk. They generally have a wider canopy than the areca palm and are great for setting behind a sofa or anything that could use a backdrop. Coconut bark is sometimes used to disguise where the palm branches enter the trunk area making it a very popular tree in the design world. Traditionally the palm leaves are a dark green which is the most popular in the consumer market.
• Fishtail Palms
• Fishtail artificial palm trees are some of the most unique and interesting palms available on the market today. Fishtail palms are found mostly in Asia but because of their beauty they’ve been transplanted all over the world. They get their name because of the extraordinary resemblance of their leaves to a fish tail. You will see some of them that have multiple trunks and some have single trunks with a look similar to a coconut palm. These are very popular because they have a dark green tone and give the feel of luxury and uniqueness.
• Rhapis Palms
• Rhapis artificial palm trees have been around for years and continue to be a favorite in the business world. Offices around the globe continue to put these in their décor because it’s hard to tell the real ones from the artificial ones. They real ones were popular because they required very little light and low humidity which is prevalent in many office buildings. They generally have multiple trunks that are wrapped fully in real coconut bark and the leaves are very distinguishable because of their squared off jagged tips. The lush dark green leaves they bear give them a lush tropical look for any home or office.
Making the change from real palm trees to artificial palm trees is what many companies and homeowners are doing today because of the maintenance free option these trees give to them. Offices see the value because they don’t have to hire extra services to water and care for live plants also creating certain security risks giving another service access to the building. It also eliminates the possibility for floor damage and mold due to over watering. Quality is no longer as expensive as it has been in the past as we have circled the earth to find the finest made artificial palms made on the market without having to pay extremely high prices for a custom made tree.
Pick out your quality artificial palm trees by clicking on the page link below.
Artificial Palm Trees