Tuesday, February 19, 2013
How To Pot Silk Plants And Trees
Most of us when buying artificial plants like to have them already Pre-potted and ready to go however what most of us don't realize is that it adds extra weight and manufacturing costs for the product causing us to not only pay more for the tree to pay more for shipping. Here I'll show you how to buy non-potted plants and how to save your money by potting them yourself. It's easier than you think and once you get the hang of it you'll want to do it this way every time.
1. The first thing you want to do is go to your local home improvement store and buy yourself a basic planters pot, about 8 to 10 inches in diameter and height will suffice.
2. Then purchase some post setting cement, Quick Crete post setting cement works the best.
3. Pour the concrete about two thirds full into your pot, then place your non-potted plant inside make sure you support the plant or tree with something to make it stand upright. Once you have the plant supported to stand upright on its own you can now add water to the container.
4. Add water to the planters pot. The amount that works best for us is adding enough water to be about an inch above the concrete. No need to stir as the water will seep down into the concrete powder and will harden on its own. Only post setting concrete will work in this application and other types of concrete may not set up correctly. That's it, then you just wait for it to dry and your plant will be set up in a couple hours.
5. Next take your plant, after it sets up, place it inside your decorative container, fill in the empty space with either newspaper or some other material then top off with some moss or decorative rocks to add ambiance.
There you go; you have your potted plant the way you want it and you saved all kinds of money. This is just one way many people like yourselves are saving money when decorating their homes and offices and best of all you get to make your silk plants the way you want them to look. Browse our selection of silk plants and look for the Non-Potted versions and you’ll be able to get more for your money.